Asking questions helps you find out information you need to know.
Itís always a good idea to read a little bit about your topic before
trying to come up with questions. You need to be able to identify
good questions that will help you get to the most useful information
to write your report. There are certain words that will help you start
your questions. They are:
There are two types of questions. The first is the simple question.
Simple questions can be answered with:
- yes or no
- very short answers
- facts only
Examples of simple questions:
- When was Roberta Bondar born?
- What is her favorite color?
- Where does she live?
Research questions can be answered with more complex answers
- detailed information
- interesting ideas
- pointers to other questions and information
Examples of research questions:
- Why did Roberta Bondar choose to become an astronaut?
- How did Roberta Bondar get to go on a space shuttle
- What did Roberta Bondar learn through her experiments